The Coaching Agile Teams Class: So What? Now What?
So what? Now what? These are oft-heard questions as the Coaching Agile Teams class moves through two days of experiential learning, deep introspection and personal transformation. "Transformation into what?" you might ask. "Into a better, more aware, more tool-full and more presence-full agile coach," I answer. "In short, a jump start on the transformation your teams need you to undertake to be the coach they need you to be." See this 5 minute interview with me by Catherine Augustin of Conscires Agile Practices for more information on the Coaching Agile Teams class and book -- and how they go together as well as how they are different.
So, what's in it? To answer that, check out the full course description which includes who (precicely) the Coaching Agile Teams curriculum is geared for and what those folks get from it.
But please don't take my word for it. To give you more of a flavor for the impact of this 2-day experience, here's what agile coaches wanted me (and you) to know about how the class landed with them. These statement are in the form, "I want Lyssa to know that..."
- ...this has been an amazing experience as I continue on my agile journey with my fellow agilists.
- ...she is a great gift to our community. She has taught me to be tough and bold.
- ...this class has me excited and anxious about coaching.
- ...she has helped to change my fear into a feeling of determination and resolve.
- ...it would be helpful to know that this class is more about agile coaching than agile mentoring. [Lyssa's note: Now you know.]
- ...she has helped me to realize some of my blind spots as a "professional" coach.
- ...I am very pleased with the class, the content of the class, the method of teaching, including how she engaged and brought out other colleagues.
- ...this class promotes and makes space for humanity and individual and group consciousness.
- ...I'm thirstier now than when I arrived for the course!
They had some constructive criticism to deliver, too. All of which has been incorporated and makes the class even better for everyone to come. And, they had over 50 "Ah-ha" moments in the class that they shared with one another so that they can all get better -- together.
I'm sure that your "Ah-ha" moments will be different than theirs and that the class will impact you uniquely for where you are right now in your journey and what you are being asked to do.
At this point, if you are saying, "I gotta get me some of that" then please join an upcoming Coaching Agile Teams class. It's worth it.